Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fast, Easy, Semi-Homemade Meal in Minutes!

Bear Creek Soup(My new found love!)
SO I am sure that a lot of you have heard of the soup mix brand called "Bear Creek."  And if you haven't, well continue to read.  I have recently discovered the simplicity of these soups and how you can make them taste "homemade." 
In my pressure cooker I add 1 Bear Creek soup mix and 8-10 cups of water. 
(Here is where the fun begins)
Then, I add anything else I would like to supplement the soup with.  For example, chopped carrots, can of peas, celery, potatoes, meat, etc.....to give it a more "hearty" consistency. 
Pressure cook on high pressure for 5 minutes with quick pressure release and WALLLLA dinner is DONE! 
DONE!!!
OF course soup is always great with a nice fluffy roll to go with it!
(bread recipes soon to come!)
My Tips & Secrets!
And of course add a dollop of my favorite ingredient for nearly EVERYTHING, sour cream, 15 minutes before serving. 
Add a few more spices to make up for the extra ingredients you add.
If you have a chicken or beef base soup, add some extra bouillon cubes for flavor.
These soups work out great for leftover roast or chicken.  Just shred and add to the soup!

No comments:

Post a Comment