Friday, January 28, 2011

CREPES!

Strawberry Crepes
**1 1/2 c. flour
**1 tBs Sugar
**1/2 tsp baking powder
**1/2 tsp salt
2 c. Milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2tBs butter, melted.
** Do First
Add the first 4 dry ingredients together, mix well.  Then add your liquids.  Batter should be runny.  In a frying pan, griddle, or pan of your choice, grease bottom of pan, heat between 4-5.  Pour your batter into a circle(like a pancake) and help it spread to be a thin circle.  These do not NEED to brown in order to be done, keep a close eye on them. 
Other ingredients: 
Diced fruit (I prefer strawberries and bananas) but you can do this with ANY fruit.
 --I usually add a little bit of white sugar to my fruit and stir it up!
Whipped Cream
--I usually make mine from scratch, I think it tastes better!
Powdered sugar (if desired.)
Softened butter
Assembly Instructions:
First, lay out your fresh hot crepe.  Spread a small amount of butter over crepe, and either sprinkle powdered sugar or white sugar over it, then add your fruit.  Next, add a dollop of whipped cream, and roll up!  Add a few more spoonfuls of fruit and whipped topping on top and you are SET!  Enjoy!

This Recipe makes about 12 crepes.





3 comments:

  1. Oh my word! We have a crape cooker I think this what we might have for breakfast very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crepes. And great pictures.

    ReplyDelete