Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Sour Cream Banana Bars

Sour Cream Banana Bars

1 1/2 C. white sugar
1. c. sour cream
1/2 c. butter/margarine (softened)
2 eggs

******MIX******

1 1/2 c. mashed bananas (Usually about 3)
2 tsp. vanilla

******MIX******

2 c. Flour
1 tsp. Salt
1 tsp. Baking Soda

******MIX*****

This recipe can be used in either a 9x13 pan or jelly roll cooking sheet.

Grease your pan.

BAKE@@ at 375 for 20-23 minutes
(OR till the top begins to get golden brown)


Browned Butter Glaze

1/4 c. butter

*******HEAT in pan till golden brown*******

Then, remove from heat and add:
2 c. Powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
3 tBs Milk

use whisk to beat till smooth.  Immediately pour onto banana bars and spread evenly.

These are great with a tall glass of milk!

Brynn's Secrets/Tips

*I prefer to use yellow bananas, not sure why, but I like the "blonder" bar.  You can use any ripe banana though...

*For the glaze, use real butter, the flavor is MUCH better.

*I usually end up baking them at about 20 minutes, I like to take them out just BEFORE they start to turn golden.  It Makes the bars a little more dense.

*I prefer this recipe on a jelly roll cookie sheet.  I like the size of the bars better and the glaze is "just" enough.

*If you dont want the little "brown" thingys in your bar, remove the seeds from your bananas.

(PICTURES SOON TO COME)

THEY WERE EATEN TOO FAST SO I COULDN'T SNAP A PHOTO!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm totally going to make these! I have some bananas that need to be used!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! Vince loves banana stuff! I'll have to try this!

    ReplyDelete